Apr 4, 2013

Pt. 4: Tips to Look Like a Celebrity - Even if Your Budget Says '2 Broke Girls'

CBS Photo
This is the last part of my  2 Broke Girls series with celeb beauty expert Dana Waldie of A Makeover Muse.  Thanks so much for liking it over on my new Facebook page with 4,000+ views!

Part 4:  Take a cue from the First Lady to avoid expensive beauty mistakes & a pro's must-haves PLUS an offer from beauty retailer Sindulge!

Shay:  What do you recommend if we're in a transition that requires more focus on our beauty routine, maybe starting a new job?  But we're also like Michelle Obama - we don't want to spend a fortune if we can shop at J. Crew and look good. Same goes for a beauty routine.

Dana:  I feel less is more.  Some people overthink it.  Wash and moisturize morning and night and that's really all you need.  As you get older you might need anti-aging serum and an eye cream.

Shay: That's good to hear because it can seem so complicated. 

Dana:  I think priority is the key word.  My philosophy is your skin is like your canvas so if you're worried about the makeup,  you're not going to have a good application without clear, nice skin; it's like an artist painting on a canvas.  It's a lifestyle change, just like when you start working out and start changing your diet there are commitments.

Shay:  Many of us have made mistakes buying expensive products that don't seem to work.  What do you always have in your own makeup cabinet?

Dana:  I have three things I can't live without. First is concealer by The Balm.  I'll use it on a blemish because it has vitamins A, C and E for anti-aging. 

Shay:  That's an undereye concealer? 

Dana:  Yes, it never causes me to break out and the coverage is phenomenal. I use it on photo shoots and it's $15 so it's very reasonable and lasts forever.

Dana Waldie - A Makeover Muse
And then I'm obsessed with SPF.  I don't care if you're outside for 15 minutes, it's important everyday.  My favorite is Vera Bella SPF 45.  It smells like cucumber and doesn't have that greasy, obnoxious sunscreen feeling.  It has hyaluronic acid so it not only protects you from the sun but has anti-aging ingredients.

A newer product I can't live without is Suki Skin Care Sugar Scrub that's almost dangerous.  You wash your face with it and a little gets in your mouth and tastes good. I'm like, "I'm not supposed to be eating this."

Shay:  Sounds almost better than happy hour!  

Read part 3 of the '2 Broke Girls' series - tips to reduce dark undereye circles here.


SPECIAL BEAUTY OFFER!
Dana partnered us with retailer Sindulge for 20% off any beauty products until April 5th!

Sorry, this offer has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment