May 13, 2013

DIY for That Celeb Look - Natural Beauty Remedies Pt. 2

It's makeover Monday over on my Facebook page!  Our beauty expert is transforming even us tomboys with super easy celebrity beauty tips.  

Pollution, ocean air and hard water can make it tough to keep skin glowing, especially in LA, so I've been applying the yogurt facial mask and lemon she recommended for a clearer complexion. My skin definitely looks and feels healthier. 

I was curious about which stars use yogurt masks and look whose face popped up first in a Google search! Yes, yours truly.

In June, I'll take you inside the spas and salons in my neighborhood where mega-rich babes like Zoe Saldana and Megan Fox pay a fortune for A-list treatments. To get the look at home, I asked celeb beauty expert Dana Waldie for tips to do-it-yourself.

Shay:  Natural beauty remedies - what should be on our shopping list?

Dana:  Sugar has natural glycolic acid that helps condition and moisturize the skin and protect from toxins.  Sugar won't clog pores so you can mix it with an at-home exfoliator and it helps eliminate blemishes. You can also mix it with conditioner as a scalp treatment to rid dandruff and it's also good for curly hair.

Shay:  If only sugar in cupcakes was good for us!   

Dana:  My weakness!  Another one of my favorites is Greek yogurt, which has natural lactic acid and is great for exfoliation.  Even people with the most sensitive skin can use it as a mask and it won't irritate skin. 

Shay:  I'm a convert. I tried the facial mask again and my skin felt even better.

Dana:  If you maintain that weekly, you'll really start to see the glow.


Try it at home!
Check out Dana's blog here for links to her favorite natural brands.  For my review of the popular Greek yogurt facial mask and to try it yourself, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment