Apr 2, 2013

Pt. 2: Tips to Look Like a Celebrity - Even if Your Budget Says '2 Broke Girls'

CBS Photo

All week I'm sharing tips to look like a celebrity - even if your budget says 2 Broke Girls! Secrets with celeb beauty expert Dana Waldie of A Makeover Muse.

Part 2:  Steps to get that A-list red carpet glow - perfect for date night or girls' night out.  PLUS an offer from beauty retailer Sindulge!  

Shay:  TV host Samara Bay asks on my Facebook page: "How do we get that radiant celebrity look without throwing glitter on our faces?"

Dana:  I know, we're all envious.  I can't stress enough maintaining your skincare regimen.  Having regular facials helps.  If you can't go regularly, go 2-3 times a year.  If that's still out of your budget, try the Clarisonic Brush.  It's a little pricey but they offer different sizes and models from $115-195.  I've had mine since they came out about seven years ago and I can't tell you the difference in my skin.  It's glowing and hydrated, my products go on nicely, you can feel the penetration.

I also suggest masking weekly.  I do mine when I'm on the computer in the morning. I'll wash my face, put on my mask, let it sit for 10-15 minutes.  Use something according to your skin type.  If your skin's oily, maybe with camphor in it and if it's dry or acne prone, make sure to use something appropriate.

Dana Waldie of A Makeover Muse 
Also, exfoliate 2-3 times a week.  Don't overdo it because you end up stripping the skin of the natural oils and that causes breakouts.  Some people get a little nutty with exfoliating.  A newer product I don't think I'll ever live without is called Suki Skin Care Sugar Scrub.

Drinking lots of water is great.

Shay:  What about bronzers - will they work for all skin tones? 

Dana:  For the most part.  One of my favorite highlighters is by legendary makeup artist Kevin Aucoin.  Anyone who wants to become a makeup artist should get his book.  La Bella Donna Mineral Makeup has a great bronzer for face and body. It's very shimmery for the décolleté and it's mineral so it's healthy for the skin.  Girlactik is a Los Angeles makeup artist and her line is based on affordable shimmers and highlighters.

For drug store brands, my favorite is COVERGIRL Cheekers Bronzers.  It's great for contouring and comes in a little blusher kit for about $4-5. You can't beat it. 

Shay:  I need to come see you because I've never known how to use bronzers on darker skin.  Thanks for helping us get "glowy-faced and star-like" - those are Samara's words.

---
For tips to stay younger looking without injections in part 1, click here. For tips to reduce undereye circles in part 3, click here.


SPECIAL BEAUTY OFFER!
Dana partnered us with retailer Sindulge for 20% off any beauty products thru 4/5!

Sorry, this offer has ended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment