Apr 30, 2013

DIY Eye Treatments Test

Watch out Gwyneth Paltrow - we're coming after your World's Most Beautiful Woman title!  These DIY tips from beauty expert Dana Waldie of A Makeover Muse will have us looking like we just stepped off the red carpet in no time.  I didn't tell Dana I'd also be putting her ideas to the test!

Stop hiding puffy, red eyes behind sunglasses with Dana's DIY eye treatments. I tried each of her tips using:  1) cotton balls dipped in milk, 2) chilled spoons and 3) tea bags (find the tips here if you missed them).  I gave these remedies a 4 out of 5 blot rating.

Spring allergies had left my eyes irritated and red and these treatments provided fast, soothing relief.  In fact, I felt so serene with the cotton balls on my eyes and Dana's yogurt facial mask, I didn't hear my kitchen timer go off!  I especially liked that these tips were natural and cost nothing extra since I already had the products on hand.

Here's why these DIY eye treatments scored a four instead of five: making time to lie still may challenge multi-taskers, moms of young ones, etc.   Unlike the yogurt mask, which you just apply and leave on until it's time to wash off, these tips required down time.  And with the spoons, I had to hold them in place so that was less relaxing (First World problem!).

While these remedies provide quick, temporary relief, don't expect lines or dark circles to diminish with them alone. But for spa-like indulgence at home, you can't beat these effortless treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment