Jun 16, 2013

Pt. 3: Keeping Up with the Kardashians - Tips for a Flawless Face

Paparazzi snap Kim Kardashian (pre-baby) in Santa Monica
Get ready for "Kimye" madness covering everything from the newest Kardashian's first burps to her million dollar drool.  It will be a circus as paparazzi try to get shots of Kim's post-baby looks when she returns to her Santa Monica hotspots.

In part 3 of my Keeping Up with the Kardashians series, I ask celebrity beauty expert Dana Waldie of A Makeover Muse what celebs like Kim use to keep their faces camera-ready. 
Shay:  What kinds of products do stars use to get that flawless look?

Dana:  First, you need a good skin care regimen (see our interview here).  Next would be foundation. A great product that a ton of makeup artists use is Armani. The texture is extremely smooth and it almost feels like it has a built-in primer.

Shay:  The makeup artists for a talk show I just did also recommended it. They said it has a great range of colors, which is important for women of color.

Dana:  Absolutely. It used to be an industry secret but now you read about it everywhere.  It ranges from $49 to $95 depending on the formulation so it's an investment but it lasts a while.

Shay:  That is a bite out of the wallet.

Dana:  Yes, and even before applying the foundation you may want a primer.  The primer from Hourglass Cosmetic is fantastic.  It's fragrance-free and uses minerals instead of chemicals. It also has sunblock SPF of 15 or 30.  It runs about $50-55.

Shay:  What does primer do for our makeup application?

Dana:  Primer is your base so it seals in your makeup application, fills in fine lines and adds longevity to help your makeup withstand heat, humidity and sweat.

Shay:  Any powder recommendations to complete the look?

Dana:  One of my favorites is by La Bella Donna.  Her mineral makeup line is superb. You don't get that heavy, caked-on look and don't need foundation since the loose powder acts as foundation and powder in one.

Shay:  We're talking high-end but I'm all for simplicity so being able to cut a step or two is great.

Dana:  If you do need more coverage, concealer is key. Vincent Longo cream concealer has colors that blend with almost any skin tone.  It's $28 and you can use it under the eyes, for spot treatment, blemishes and redness.

Shay:  Perfect. We're ready for our close-up!
--
Pamper yourself like a Kardashians at the spa - how to find the best treatments for you in part 4 of my Keeping Up with the Kardashians series here.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have been considering buying Armani foundation for a while and I was never sure if it's worth the money but I suppose I'm convinced now:) I was recommended to me by a foundation finder by PS beauty, you should go and check it out: http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation . At first I thought the recommendation for Armani foundation was an extravagant one but reading articles like yours is making me change my mind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samantha! and thanks so much for sharing the PS beauty foundation finder link! most department stores will give a sample of foundations that last a few days so I think I'm going to test one or two shades of the Armani that way. Let me knwo if you get it and what you think!

    ReplyDelete