Jan 11, 2010

Destinations


I had a dream that I was trying to climb a steep hill on my bike to get to an important meeting but every few feet the bike's chain would fall off. I'd stop and put the chain back on but a few feet later it would just fall off again.

"You don't even need to explain," my friend Tina said as I told her about the dream. "It's like you're pedaling and pedaling but not getting..."


The last two-and-a-half years since moving to Hollywood pretty much summed up in a dream - no interpretation necessary.

Once I realized the bike was broken beyond repair in the dream, I tried to hitch a ride but the cars were traveling in a different direction on a highway below. I woke up with that panicky feeling you have after dreaming you forgot to study for an exam.

But you know what? I have no doubt I'm supposed to keep heading up the hill one way or another. It's not just me who's trying to get to a destination - it's all the artists carrying a vision to use their gifts for the purposes God intended.


I don't know how dreams work but busted chain or not, this dream needs part two: reaching the destination. It's time. Soon.

www.facebook.com/shayholland

4 comments:

  1. Maria Peterson11.1.10

    So glad you are a dreamer like me. :) That's why the destination will be so grand because of the long and difficult climb. The view will be just awesome, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that, maria. the view...can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little did you realize how soon when you wrote this the other day. Soon was just a day away. Trusting He will reveal much to you in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, didn't see that until you said it, Susie! thanks!

    ReplyDelete