Nov 10, 2014

Veteran's Day Salute

Photo:  Forgotten New York
Honoring our veterans for protecting our country; especially my dad, who would do it all over again if the military would let him.
 
When we were kids, we used to love marching around the house in my dad's Army boots. He'd come home and leave them at the door, not bothering to polish them yet - knowing my brother and I would end up clomping around the living room practicing our salutes.
 
His boots were heavy and black and shiny - perfect, really.  Somehow they represented courage and honor and dedication that we had yet to grown into.
 
I knew my dad and 'his men' (he taught us to address soldiers by rank) did brave and important things for our country.  But when he took off those boots at the door, that was when he did the job he loved most - being a dad.
 
To all who serve, thank you.

www.facebook.com/shayholland

No comments:

Post a Comment